Tuesday, March 16, 2010

a LONG time in the making

In 2004 I made this frame for Dana for Christmas. I thought it turned out pretty nice, so I bought some Ansel Adams prints to make additional frames for.


Four years later, our slat-panel fence met its end, providing the much needed weathered wood for the frames.


Apparently 30 years of weathering wasn't enough, so I let them sit outside for another two years.


I finally got the prints matted in December, the frames built in February and the finished product hung on the wall last night.


At the rate I build frames, I guess it's good I don't work for Dave or I would be out of a job.


3 comments:

mama said...

Wow they look good --- I need to actually come and see them in person. You did a good job--- but you always do

Brianna said...

Those are beautiful!! Too bad we don't really have wall space in our house, because I love picture frames!

mama said...

Daddy loved your frames --- was very proud of you.